10 July 2016

Stardate 2016.523



A Little Midday Ride In The Heat


I managed to get out for a midday ride recently. The day heated up early, but I was able to beat the afternoon showers.

The slack water behind a small roller dam along the South Platte River looked rather refreshing. However, swimming isn't allowed along this reach of river because anyone who goes over the dam gets sucked under, especially when the head gets beaned on the way down. I can't help but think what Tom Sawyer or Huck Finn would do with this cool, clear water before the dam existed. Doesn't really take a lot of thought, does it? Following are some pics.




I often have music on the brain while riding; so how about a little "name that band"...

"Hot town, summer in the city
Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty
Been down, isn't it a pity
Doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city

All around, people looking half dead
Walking on the sidewalk, hotter than a match head..."

Hint: The Lovin'...




At low elevations, we're heading into our dry season. Up in the clouds, alpine flowers are just beginning.




Zues appears to have found me. Yes, I'm a lightning magnet.




Getting a bit angry, are we? You need to watch that cloud anger.




This one continued to darken and chased me out of the canyon. We did have some nice afternoon rain.




That's it for now.

Adios

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, what a beautiful summer day. So much better out there than at a desk! You leave me green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now I have that song stuck in my head. :)

    I too usually have music playing in my mind while I ride. Sometimes it's related to conditions around me and sometimes it's just something I heard recently that won't go away.

    Looks like a good ride, and yes, that water looks decidedly appealing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...