06 December 2016

Stardate 2016.932


Crested Butte begins to slowly lose its afternoon sun.


It's Movie Trilogy Season

Finally! We have cold and snow approaching. It appears Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day will sport a high of 17 and low of -5 Fahrenheit. We may roll out of bed early Thursday morning to minus 11. That's cold enough to officially begin movie trilogy (or greater) season. Snowcatcher and I do not watch television and do not subscribe to a tv plan. However, we still have a television screen and dvd players. But before I list favorite trilogies, here are two recent non-trilogy movies I've enjoyed – Martian and Interstellar. I recommend both.





As mentioned in previous posts, I'm a big Clint Eastwood fan. A movie I found myself watching several times over the past year was 1968's Where Eagles Dare. This action classic takes us behind WWII enemy lines with Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood. It's a fun, action-packed movie.



During the Christmas season, I also pull out a short but good video featuring portions of a Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert. I guess you could call it a rock opera. If you like electric guitars, a classical string and wind section and classic Christmas music, I bet you'll like it. Better yet, attend a live concert of Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Their concerts are energy-packed and nothing short of awesome.



I think most of us have seen some, if not all of these films; I'm not going to do a write-up or review. I'm just listing a handful of fun films. Therefor, in no particular order, let's start with a trilogy of which I never tire...

Lord of the Rings


The Fellowship of the Ring
The Two Towers
The Return of the King


The Hobbit


An Unexpected Journey


The Desolation of Smaug


The Battle of the Five Armies


The Matrix


The Matrix
The Matrix Reloaded
The Matrix Revolutions


The Hunger Games


The Hunger Games
Catching Fire
MockingJay-Part 1
Mockingjay-Part 2


Dirty Harry


Dirty Harry
Magnum Force
The Enforcer
Sudden Impact
The Dead Pool


Planet of the Apes


Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes (1968 original)


Back to the Future


Back to the Future I
Back to the Future II
Back to the Future III


Jurassic Park


Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park The Lost World
Jurassic Park III


Additional films include...
Pirates of the Caribbean
Lonesome Dove
Star Wars
Star Trek

Et cetera

Thanks for viewing!

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...